1 post • joined 26 Jun 2007
Yes, you are
The "100,000 writes" figure quoted for flash memories refers to the maximum number of writes to any particular sector. Within the SSD it's possible to monitor heavily used sectors and re-map them to "spare" portions of the physical memory if and when necessary. I don't know whether the Samsung drive does this.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS