1 post • joined 26 Jun 2007
Yes, you are
The "100,000 writes" figure quoted for flash memories refers to the maximum number of writes to any particular sector. Within the SSD it's possible to monitor heavily used sectors and re-map them to "spare" portions of the physical memory if and when necessary. I don't know whether the Samsung drive does this.
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich