1 post • joined 26 Jun 2007
Yes, you are
The "100,000 writes" figure quoted for flash memories refers to the maximum number of writes to any particular sector. Within the SSD it's possible to monitor heavily used sectors and re-map them to "spare" portions of the physical memory if and when necessary. I don't know whether the Samsung drive does this.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats