3 posts • joined 22 Dec 2006
Improve coverage not speed
3G is fine for the majority of users but living only 20 miles or so outside of London there is very little 3G coverage and zero 4G. Companies should be investing in improving 3G and 4G rather than finding 1gbps 5G style networks.
If 5G networks come out I can see websites rushing back to rich content again which makes me sad.
Best gfx hardware in a console?? hmmm
best gfx processors in a console? hmm.. not done your research have you. the gpu in the 360 is DX10 hardware compliant whereas the PS3s NV offering is only a DX9 compliant one.
The reason for this was Sony originally wanted their Cell CPU to do all the gfx work however it was hard enough for them to get it to run at all so they fell back on NV to produce the GPU instead.
The GPU in the PS3 has difficulty doing FSAA and AAA at 1080p due to the limitations of the pipelines in the hardware.
Hopefully they will find a way to address this with the Cell or it could leave Sony and their HD *cough* Revolution in the dark...
HD content is exempt using VGA cables from the ICT issue and therefore al you need to do is purchase the VGA cable for the 360.
This completely bypasses the problem and as most users will have VGA connections on their displays not an issue.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE