7 posts • joined 11 Aug 2012
Yes it is cheaper, as anyone making an Android phone has to pay a patent license to Microsoft.
Re: Azure down for a week whilst we renew our PKI Certs.
James, it would be nice to hear some better reasoned arguments as opposed to your simplistic put-downs.
You may find that it garners a little more respect from your fellow Reg readers.
Re: Where's Eadon....
In his absence I'll oblige....
[Insert generic and predictable anti-MS bo**ocks here...]
Re: For a safer, faster, better experience online you should upgrade your browser.
Same message with IE9 and IE10
Can the developers only support a Webkit browser?
Re: "Microsoft makes it easy for you to add more storage space"
.....or you can just setup a junction point from a folder on the C: to your SD card and add the local folder to your Library.....et voila.....
Where's the XNA?
Then why drop XNA? In one swoop they've removed a bunch of developers who could have brought their games over to Windows 8.
Rock and hard place.
All this criticism of the new UI. But what choice does MS have? Touch is the current big advance in UI, can anyone say for certain that in 5 years there won't be more tablet devices than desktops? MS has to do something to counter the rise of the ipad, but no one seems to be presenting a better idea, just criticism of their approach. Yes, merging a desktop OS with a mobile UI might not be the greatest solution, but how else is MS to incorporate touch into it's OS?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack