4 posts • joined 23 Jul 2012
Disclaimer of the Day
if analyst is correct
Re: Market share?
it should have read revenue share
in that case EMC usually wins anyway
so is this 70% of the 1% that uses backup appliances?
I expect quite a number of cases of 'backup software on a commodity, but dedicated' servers are in use, but left out of the market overview
Re: @Praise tapes
So tapes are difficult to use.
Apart from the obvious downside, there is an advantage that it's also not easy to accidentally wipe backups from tapes (physically) from within an application/command line.
Ok, perhaps drying the water-damaged tapes in the micowave wasn't a good idea
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...