4 posts • joined 23 Jul 2012
Disclaimer of the Day
if analyst is correct
Re: Market share?
it should have read revenue share
in that case EMC usually wins anyway
so is this 70% of the 1% that uses backup appliances?
I expect quite a number of cases of 'backup software on a commodity, but dedicated' servers are in use, but left out of the market overview
Re: @Praise tapes
So tapes are difficult to use.
Apart from the obvious downside, there is an advantage that it's also not easy to accidentally wipe backups from tapes (physically) from within an application/command line.
Ok, perhaps drying the water-damaged tapes in the micowave wasn't a good idea
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?