4 posts • joined 23 Jul 2012
Disclaimer of the Day
if analyst is correct
Re: Market share?
it should have read revenue share
in that case EMC usually wins anyway
so is this 70% of the 1% that uses backup appliances?
I expect quite a number of cases of 'backup software on a commodity, but dedicated' servers are in use, but left out of the market overview
Re: @Praise tapes
So tapes are difficult to use.
Apart from the obvious downside, there is an advantage that it's also not easy to accidentally wipe backups from tapes (physically) from within an application/command line.
Ok, perhaps drying the water-damaged tapes in the micowave wasn't a good idea
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL