1 post • joined 10 Jul 2012
Useful until your server crashes
So basically instead of letting a network device make decisions based on information it receives, the decision is pushed to a server or set of servers. Great theory, but terrible execution. If the server(s) have a problem, your entire network could conceivably crash. A coder has a bad day? Crash. From a service provider perspective (my industry), I do not see this as a good thing.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops