2 posts • joined 1 Jul 2012
GROMACS benchmark useless
If the GROMACS benchmark really took only 3 seconds, the results are highly unreliable, if not useless. It takes at lear a minute or so to get reliable results that don't have i) too much system noise ii) are not affected by the potentially large initial fluctuations cause by the dynamic load balancing.
Therefore, as the GROMACS benchmarking methodology sounds flawed, I suspect that the results are most probably non-representative.
How do I know this? I am a core member of the GROMACS development team. Big failure of the organizers that they didn't contact us for instructions.
GROMACS is not a molecular modeling application, but a molecular dynamics = molecular simulation package.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt