If you showed this security "researcher" a phone book his head would probably explode. Ridiculous.
23 posts • joined 17 Dec 2006
Re: Making it up as they go along
Think it was Ofcom that allowed the 10% figure after BT and TalkTalk lobbied (bribed?) them, Virgin on the other hand were happy with 90%.
Re: iFixit has the answer
The funny thing about that April Fools is an Australian company actually already is selling a fire proof bag, the Hovervault, a couple months back.
I visit the US a lot and the speed and coverage of LTE is always exceptional, whereas here in Glasgow its hard just to get a signal and when it does the speed is always slow and unresponsive. Just the other day I gave up on submitting a Yelp review because it just got stuck submitting and eventually timed out. This was indoors in a reception area in a building on Glasgow University campus. We might have nicer stone buildings with thick walls but the lack of quality LTE must be hurting our economy as its not a good networking environment for innovation.
Re: But at what cost?
I use T-Mobile when in the US and pay only $30/mo for unlimited data and includes 100mins, and 5GB at 4G LTE speed.
Re: 90 Day Expiry
they actually suggest auto-renewing via cron monthly but it looks like they are working on a simple auto-renew tool after beta. At the moment for this 90 day reason i'll probably stick with startSSL which is free for a year.
4S was all profit
So the 4S sales are down, big deal, the entire year of the 4S is pure profit because they didn't even have to make a new model or change anything. Apple was years ahead so taking 1 year out of the 5 years ahead to make billions is surely a good move. Heck they could bring out the 4SS and make billions for another few years before lifting a finger about a new model.
It's probably the same problem as on the 4S. There is an authentication problem between the sim and the chipset. After multiple failed attempts 3G turns off. This is noticed when using WiFi at home and then not being able to receive any iMessages when out and about. Then of course not being able to use Safari confirms the issue.
The way to fix is to set any PIN on the SIM and then turn the PIN off again, this can be done in Settings. The default PIN on AT&T is 1111 not sure if UK networks supply a default PIN. This resetting of the PIN appears to correct the authentication problem and 3G works continuously afterwards.
OS X can share an ethernet connection over the airport. This is about sharing a wifi connection over another wifi connection. E.g. multiple virtual wifi connections with different SSDIs. OS X cannot do this yet.
Typical blog spam
Those pics are actually from the voice recorder app.
I'd use it if it had the most read / most emailed list. Usually the most interesting/funny/stupid articles are in that list. At the moment it takes me an extra tap of the "take me to the desktop site" link on my iPhone and the wait is VERY annoying.
I have this same problem but I didn't realise it was widely known already. I switched to using tap to click a few days ago, its quieter anyway.
It wasn't even his original idea. He stole it from that illusionist on youtube who had the beer drinking video super imposed on an iphone outside an apple store on the iphone launch day. You'll remember him as the guy that kept saying "amazing" in the most annoying way. "Look at my new iphone it does some aaaaammmmmaaazzzing things".
Not very impossible
New phones will make use of a new flag in the GSM spec that allow the phone to display a £ if an incomming fee is going to be charged BEFORE you answer.
Seems fair to me
So when an off duty police chief drives at 90mph endagering the lives of many others he wizzes past he gets a 42 day ban and £350 fine. Then you would totally expect someone going at 20mph and a few extra passengers gets a 12 month ban and £1000 fine.
For PowerBook booting
I think the old PowerPC laptops like the PowerBook were only able to boot off firewire and not usb. Maybe WD just wanted to cover all the bases.
But even with SP1, Vista performs 50% less than XP. XP reprieve is a must.
because the current one can't receive calls when EDGE is connected.
bigger issue here
The reality is windows mobile is painfully slow, graphics drivers aren't going to make a substantial difference.
Get a grip
So why are they STILL allowed to use the word unlimited when it is not. Get a grip Ofcom.
Get a Mac
This is why I switched to a Mac. On the Mac you can move files while they are open, and even move ones which are still downloading!
Another nail in the coffin
Even the market stalls can't shift it
When I was using my 6150 I got a score of 3.0 then I installed a 7600GS and now have a 4.5. I didnt think Vista was usable with the 6150 it was too slow to drag windows around. The 7600GS is a pretty good option for Vista since you can get the XFX one which has no fan, just a heat sink, and gets you a high enough score.