1 post • joined 29 Jun 2012
PBBAs are doing backup wrong
Agree with seanjregan. PBBAs are ok to replace or augment tape, but they do not fundamentally change the broken backup process. You need to address the problem from end-to-end, not just at the target. And you really aren't helping recovery much if you stick with the file-based, streaming-data paradigm. There are better ways to do things.
I actually blogged about just this a few weeks ago: http://bit.ly/La7K8Y
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK