Other Darwin Winners and Runners-up
" Martin Gavin, aged 47, of Hope Hey Lane, Little Hulton suffered an electric shock of 11,000 volts which left his life hanging in the balance."
" A 33 year old man lost his life after attempting to steal copper cabling from an electric substation in Urago d’Oglio, near Brescia in Italy."
" A MAN was in a critical condition last night after suffering horrific burns in a suspected attempt to steal copper from an electricity substation.
The unnamed victim, thought to be in his early 20s, staggered into hospital with 60 per cent burns..."
" A man who tried to force his way into an ENMAX power station in southeast Calgary was found dead by emergency crews on Thursday morning."
" A BOY of 16 was killed by a 275,000 volt cable at an electricity substation in Leeds at the weekend.
Officials blamed the incident on an attempt to steal cable."
" A man is fighting for his life in hospital with severe burns believed to have been sustained as thieves allegedly tried to steal metal from an electricity substation."
"James Sorby, 22, was burnt so badly that his daughter was unable to recognise him. He had been trying take cabling from an electricity sub-station in a disused Post Office sorting room in Leeds, West Yorks." ** Nice picture of said moron **
Ed's note: A lot of crap journalism out there; "electrocuted" means _killed_ by electricity, not just hurt. If they're still breathing then they're not electrocuted, and no Darwin Award. Sorry.