I'll repeat the post I just made on the previous topic to answer comments like your:
I love the fan crowd...
.. how they seems to be unable to grasp why somebody could be inconvenienced by online only.
We go on repeating the reasons:
- unreliable connection = impossibility to play
- impossible to pause the game to go to bathrooms, answer kids/wife/dog/other
- impossible having multiple saves and characters
- if you do not play for a while, you find all your missions expired while you were away and your cargo possibly worthless
- impossible to have mods
- constant top-down "re-balancing" and gameplay compromises to nerf exploiters, even if you play solo
- server troubles = difficult play
- they have kept the rights to do direct advertising to online users (ironically they said it was avoidable only by playing offline... now they amended their EULA to take that away, obviously).
But they seems to blithely ignore this and say "Oh, but it does not require a big bandwith" or "Oh, but you can play solo". Swearwords come to mind...
And to those that encourage us to take it behind silently, I remember that if we do not make noise when corporations are behaving badly, we only encourage them to behave in this way more often than they already do.
This time it may be a matter that do not influence that many people, and mostly old geezers, but it will come the time the now adoring fan legions will be asked to bend...