3 posts • joined 6 Jun 2012
Legitimate question I suppose, as I have no idea what kind of improvement bypassing "layers of software", as the author put it, can yield for computing at the 10 TB database scale. How much overhead can a kernel's virtual memory manager have ?
Re: "Lost its memory hog"??
- It would be nice to have some figures on Chrome's footprint on your system for an equivalent usage pattern
- freedom has it's cost. I don't mind trading performance for control and infinite extensibility
Re: Not forever, I think
That's groovy tech alright, but it won't go against the basic truth that there's only so much information you can display per square inch of screen real estate. So a developer-defined "statement of minimal requirements" seems like a good idea to me, to prevent user disappointment.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER