5 posts • joined 6 Jun 2012
Where do the adverts go?
Do we get scrolling Skype adverts on the home tiles, too? That would be great! Also, none of my contacts have beautiful studio-grade photos, if they have photos at all. Making them bigger is not going to improve my user experience.
Bags channel on The Register
El Reg definitely needs a Bags Channel - luggage isn't just "hardware". It's lifestyle, utility, culture, image, quality, ergonomics and a cash sink to rival any Volvo. Anyway, for my tuppence, the Tom Bihn Brain Bag looks a good bet
Re: Yammer Time
It's a great name: in German, "Jammer" (pronounced yammer) means a moan, a whinge, a complaint.
I'm pretty much the only person in my company who uses a SharePoint MySite. All in all, it's pointless - in SharePoint 2007 there's no facility to send status updates, shout out questions into the hubbub or anything conceivably useful.
Perhaps MS is half thinking of half integrating a half-decent social enterprise play into a half-decent document uploading tool so that two people in my company will use it.
Nice niche Tosh
This widescreen ultrabook isn't for cinéastes; it's obviously for music producers on the go: they tend to think horizontally with their sequencers, so the wider they can see, the better. It's Toshiba's play on the muso Mac fanboi market, fo sho
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM