1 post • joined 31 May 2012
Re: This article reads strangely, at least to a non-professional in the security field
Agreed. It seems the significance of Flame would be in it's apparent (but not really known) effectiveness...and possibly over a rather extended period of time. Being small, creating a large botnet, or being innovative, getting pats on the back from The Register, obviously weren't primary design goals.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs