3 posts • joined 31 May 2012
Re: a story about DRM
I think this also sums it up pretty well: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones
But on the other hand...
Copyright infringement **is** actually illegal...
And while I'm sure many people enjoy getting entertainment for free, it really is not that different from driving 70mph in a 70mph zone. It might not seem like you're doing anything wrong, and the vast majority, I suspect, would agree that it isn't so wrong, but that doesn't make it any less illegal.
Of course, if the content providers were smarter about providing content online, this probably wouldn't be a problem.
I was thinking the same thing. Surely they can be made to look like they fit in...
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked