3 posts • joined 31 May 2012
Re: a story about DRM
I think this also sums it up pretty well: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones
But on the other hand...
Copyright infringement **is** actually illegal...
And while I'm sure many people enjoy getting entertainment for free, it really is not that different from driving 70mph in a 70mph zone. It might not seem like you're doing anything wrong, and the vast majority, I suspect, would agree that it isn't so wrong, but that doesn't make it any less illegal.
Of course, if the content providers were smarter about providing content online, this probably wouldn't be a problem.
I was thinking the same thing. Surely they can be made to look like they fit in...
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low