3 posts • joined 31 May 2012
Re: a story about DRM
I think this also sums it up pretty well: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones
But on the other hand...
Copyright infringement **is** actually illegal...
And while I'm sure many people enjoy getting entertainment for free, it really is not that different from driving 70mph in a 70mph zone. It might not seem like you're doing anything wrong, and the vast majority, I suspect, would agree that it isn't so wrong, but that doesn't make it any less illegal.
Of course, if the content providers were smarter about providing content online, this probably wouldn't be a problem.
I was thinking the same thing. Surely they can be made to look like they fit in...
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!