3 posts • joined 31 May 2012
Re: a story about DRM
I think this also sums it up pretty well: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones
But on the other hand...
Copyright infringement **is** actually illegal...
And while I'm sure many people enjoy getting entertainment for free, it really is not that different from driving 70mph in a 70mph zone. It might not seem like you're doing anything wrong, and the vast majority, I suspect, would agree that it isn't so wrong, but that doesn't make it any less illegal.
Of course, if the content providers were smarter about providing content online, this probably wouldn't be a problem.
I was thinking the same thing. Surely they can be made to look like they fit in...
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates