3 posts • joined 23 Apr 2012
Aye, those were t'days. Real programmers wrote code by candlelight with rusty t' soldering iron, on motherboard made out of sheeps bladder :)
And not a moment too soon!
The horrific bloated slop that passes for code these days is an embarrassment to anyone of pre GUI age.
Maybe when / if a processor cap appeared Moores law could be continued (in a fashion) by people dumping some of these lazy libraries and putting a bit more thought into their code so that the processor is actually doing something useful and not merely navigating it's way around excessive layers of pointless abstraction!
Re: Now all they need to invent...
...hardly seems worth it. Now smuggling Slaves and Narcotics, that's where the real money is..
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip