3 posts • joined Monday 23rd April 2012 06:04 GMT
Aye, those were t'days. Real programmers wrote code by candlelight with rusty t' soldering iron, on motherboard made out of sheeps bladder :)
And not a moment too soon!
The horrific bloated slop that passes for code these days is an embarrassment to anyone of pre GUI age.
Maybe when / if a processor cap appeared Moores law could be continued (in a fashion) by people dumping some of these lazy libraries and putting a bit more thought into their code so that the processor is actually doing something useful and not merely navigating it's way around excessive layers of pointless abstraction!
Re: Now all they need to invent...
...hardly seems worth it. Now smuggling Slaves and Narcotics, that's where the real money is..
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Thought your Android phone was locked? THINK AGAIN