2 posts • joined 17 Apr 2012
And don't forget that on top of the $185,000 to apply, you also have to pony up $300,000 as a guarantee or cash in escrow in case you fail
So that's $485,000 you've got to pony up in order to apply
Don't forget that on top of the $185,000 application fee the applicant has to pony up either an Irrevocable Letter of Credit to ICANN of $300,000 or put that amount of cash into an escrow account with them. So in reality, an application costs $485,000 up front.
Not exactly small beer!
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs