2 posts • joined 17 Apr 2012
And don't forget that on top of the $185,000 to apply, you also have to pony up $300,000 as a guarantee or cash in escrow in case you fail
So that's $485,000 you've got to pony up in order to apply
Don't forget that on top of the $185,000 application fee the applicant has to pony up either an Irrevocable Letter of Credit to ICANN of $300,000 or put that amount of cash into an escrow account with them. So in reality, an application costs $485,000 up front.
Not exactly small beer!
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots