2 posts • joined 17 Apr 2012
And don't forget that on top of the $185,000 to apply, you also have to pony up $300,000 as a guarantee or cash in escrow in case you fail
So that's $485,000 you've got to pony up in order to apply
Don't forget that on top of the $185,000 application fee the applicant has to pony up either an Irrevocable Letter of Credit to ICANN of $300,000 or put that amount of cash into an escrow account with them. So in reality, an application costs $485,000 up front.
Not exactly small beer!
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp