7 posts • joined Friday 13th April 2012 18:57 GMT
They didn't want to worry anyone about the 0.43 smidgeon drift. We Science types saw through their veil of smidgeon skullduggery.
Re: " it is the fastest Man-made thing - and heading to Jupiter at 12,000kph"
According to Space.com, the gravity assist should take it from 126,000km/h to 140,000km/h... El Reg was only off by the merest fraction. [nerdgasm]
Re: oh boy
A bunch. That shouldn't be an issue if you restrict your usage to hidden services, as there is no exit node involved. However...
The payload sets a tracking cookie and appears to phone home with information about your system (IP address, for instance) that it shouldn't have. The code will only run if it thinks it's on a Windows machine running Firefox 17... Word is that the Tor Browser Bundle presents itself as FF 17 on Windows, regardless of the machine it is actually running on.
Sit back and watch the fun.
All 5 people using Cisco Telepresence gear have been notified.
Trey Burba strikes again.
It's not quite a fake school shooting, but nice and lulzy all the same.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default