4 posts • joined Friday 6th April 2012 23:59 GMT
Re: Free the light bulbs
In one word, yes, to both questions.
I grew up in a Southern Baptist home, my Dad was a minister. Once I started to read about the belief system I was taught, I was sickened, slavery is biblical, science is Satanic. Yet my parents encouraged my interest in science, gave me a chemistry set and electronics breadboard for Christmas, always encouraged me to do well in school. We had "interesting discussions" over decades. They also taught me not to discriminate based upon race, we had gay family members whom we were taught to love. Both parents are sadly dead. My point is that it is possible for someone with that narrow a view of the world to deal with others without the blinders. I could not and had to abandon that belief system. My concern is that this powerful Congressman can not deal with reality the same way. Flame away!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default