2 posts • joined 5 Apr 2012
I've always wondered why the manufacturer's skins were not just supplied as a launcher on top of vanilla Android?
Obviously some manufacturer customisations go deeper than others but this way base Android could be updated independently of the "enhancements" and most additional functionality/widgets could be replicated by pre-installed apps. Preferably uninstallable of course.
Can't help thinking this UI would work better on tablets with a 16:9/16:10 aspect ratio...
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars