2 posts • joined 5 Apr 2012
I've always wondered why the manufacturer's skins were not just supplied as a launcher on top of vanilla Android?
Obviously some manufacturer customisations go deeper than others but this way base Android could be updated independently of the "enhancements" and most additional functionality/widgets could be replicated by pre-installed apps. Preferably uninstallable of course.
Can't help thinking this UI would work better on tablets with a 16:9/16:10 aspect ratio...
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015