2 posts • joined 5 Apr 2012
I've always wondered why the manufacturer's skins were not just supplied as a launcher on top of vanilla Android?
Obviously some manufacturer customisations go deeper than others but this way base Android could be updated independently of the "enhancements" and most additional functionality/widgets could be replicated by pre-installed apps. Preferably uninstallable of course.
Can't help thinking this UI would work better on tablets with a 16:9/16:10 aspect ratio...
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean