3 posts • joined 22 Jun 2007
I think a lot of folk
are missing the point of thin client. I've just installed 50 into a teaching area. Mostly they'll be used for office and presentation work not high-end computing. Space saving is enormous and there are far less maintenance and troubleshooting issues. My ISS department does all the management remotely.
I'm not much convinced by these Wyse jobs though. I looked at these among others and went for JackPCs.
These fit into the same size space as a 13 amp socket. In fact I've got 6 fitted into short vertical power poles on each of 8 island benches. As for power, they pull about 5 watts max which does kind of put the 13 watts for the Wyse numbers to shame, and they get their power over the ethernet.
Not saying these are perfect or even the best, but they seem to be doing everything I wanted and they certainly look cool. Most folk look and ask where the PCs are.
I've just started reading
this so thanks to all for starting my day off so well. I know it's late and there's been so much good stuff but I just have to let you know that I went to school with Peter Knight.
Went to school with Noone
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS hit Earth TWICE a YEAR
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor