2 posts • joined 28 Mar 2012
Why, particularly is 9h not long enough? That is time actively recording, not just passive on your wrist, even for ultra marathons that's more than long enough.
I moved to the motoactv from a phone but I know from experience that you aren't always going to be able to hear your phone speaker in a crowd of runners (let alone if cycling) and many races ban headphones.
I'm not saying this is the most amazing device ever and that everyone should buy one but you're looking at it in the wrong market. For people who are looking to buy a GPS sports watch its feature set and price are competitive.
Seem to be a few misconceptions about this device. The only thing you need a Motorola phone for is if you want notifications sent from your phone to the device, personally I don't because when I'm out running I don't really want to lug my smartphone round with me. Everything else about this works without having any kind of phone at all.
The battery life is more than long enough for pretty much any event you want to do and why would you wear it constantly as a normal watch?
It you compare it to other sports tracking watches (Garmins, Polar, Nike Sportswatch) the feature set for the price is actually rather good.
For people who are saying that their iPhone/Android strapped to their arm is just as good, maybe for you it is, but I don't want to carry that weight and a transflective screen on my wrist is a lot easier to read when I want to see my pace/speed.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...