6 posts • joined Thursday 21st June 2007 14:37 GMT
Even worse, I've had my bank (First Direct) call me and then ask for some security details to confirm who I am!
I know it was genuine as I recognised the voice of someone I'd recently been speaking to and was expecting a call. Obviously, I still insisted on phoning them back.
Kites definitely don't have to drag you downwind. Kitesurfers can manage about 10 degrees or so upwind. A ship should be able to manage more.
I wouldn't count on it being trouble free though. Wind drops... kite in the water... ship runs over it...
It's hard enough when it's when it's just you, a board and a kite designed to be relaunched from the water. Foil kites (like this one) can be a nightmare.
Stole THEIR idea?
If only it was so easy to claim ownership and protect an idea! I wrote the first ever social networking site - http://www.everyonesconnected.com - so I'm not sure what ideas they're claiming were theirs.
Yes - it was online and out to the public before Friendster, MySpace, Facebook and the all rest. We were amazed nobody had done something similar before and looked at whether you can protect an idea. Not possible though.
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job