6 posts • joined 19 Mar 2012
To win any money they would have to prove damages, in this case that their reputation was ruined.
Everyone already knew what kind of operation they ran. QED
RTFA. It used a Java exploit.
Java is freaking everywhere in Enterprise. And you know why? Even though it is shite in so many ways it is easy to learn. Thus when you have damn near every CompSci grad and half the population of India with a basic knowledge of the language you can get by with paying crap wages to your coder drones.
Re: OS X Vulnerable?
This particular exploit would fail ... however a Mac with Java installed could be vulnerable to a Java exploit with a payload designed for a Mac.
I think it shows what absolute shite most people's patching habits are when a super slick piece of malware that doesn't drop any files to disk can be mated to a year old exploit and still be sucessful.
This isn't a Windows/Mac/Oracle fail. It's a People fail.
"They will not have the problems of Internet trolls or cyber bullying."
If the US/UK/OZ/CAN had passed a law like this the boards would be exploding right now with commentards ranting (rightly so) about the downfall of civilization and the erosion of liberties.
When China does it, it is balanced as a way to keep 'cyber bullying' down.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Even a broken watch is right twice a day: Not an un-charged Apple Watch
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast