7 posts • joined 4 Mar 2012
Please can someone explain what would be broken were Win 8 to have a Start Menu accessible via an icon on the bottom left of the desktop and start screens? If it's only aesthetics then make the button display optional.
Sinofsky has already left. Unfortunately they don't have a replacement.
Maybe a better headline would be:
Microflop fails to surface
Are the server rooms are covered by clouds
Didn't Unisys try this tactic?
Anyone remember Unisys?
Didn't Unisys do something like that?
Let sleeping Apps lie?
Apss don't have a natural way of being shut down. Right click produces no response and there are no close buttons. Apparently Microsoft feels that the apps should simply be left sleeping.
With all their files locked ...
And then what about apps that have a limited number of concurrent logins?
I guess Win8 isn't destined for the business market. I just cannot see any corporate, even Microsoft, rolling this out as it stands.
I probably should have guessed that when I saw metro. Imagine a someone capturing a 200 page document from a touch screen, or running Development Studio via a touch screen.
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!