7 posts • joined Sunday 4th March 2012 20:19 GMT
Please can someone explain what would be broken were Win 8 to have a Start Menu accessible via an icon on the bottom left of the desktop and start screens? If it's only aesthetics then make the button display optional.
Sinofsky has already left. Unfortunately they don't have a replacement.
Maybe a better headline would be:
Microflop fails to surface
Are the server rooms are covered by clouds
Didn't Unisys try this tactic?
Anyone remember Unisys?
Didn't Unisys do something like that?
Let sleeping Apps lie?
Apss don't have a natural way of being shut down. Right click produces no response and there are no close buttons. Apparently Microsoft feels that the apps should simply be left sleeping.
With all their files locked ...
And then what about apps that have a limited number of concurrent logins?
I guess Win8 isn't destined for the business market. I just cannot see any corporate, even Microsoft, rolling this out as it stands.
I probably should have guessed that when I saw metro. Imagine a someone capturing a 200 page document from a touch screen, or running Development Studio via a touch screen.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout