2 posts • joined Friday 24th February 2012 14:40 GMT
It's not all black/white (as usual)..
There's more details on /. - apparently the McD's in question has had trouble with media harassing them recently and the staff may have been under the impression Dr. Mann may have been working for them. Add on top the language barrier, and, well, shit happens. There's supposed to be a 'no cameras' sign on the entrance door too, so he can't claim complete ignorance.
Still does not excuse the rough treatment, but apparently it wasn't a case of ignoramuses hitting on a "cyborg".
Why the bleep don't they just sell 'Windows XYZ' cheaply with a core feature set and include some sort of "App Shop"? That way everybody pays for just the features they want, -and- they separate 'Applications' from 'OS'.
Oh wait. That's sanity.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire