1 post • joined 20 Jun 2007
Hey guys, a better solution already exists !!!
The problem with blade PCs is that you keep most of the hardware and software potential issues...That's why I prefer a virtualisation solution: you keep your virtual machines on a secure, redondant and powerful server...and you can dynamically allow them more or less ressources, move them, etc...I heard that NEC launched several months ago that kind of solution ("Virtual PC Center"). I found thanks to my best virtual friend (Google) that in fact it is based on a server hosting virtual PCs: each user connects to his virtual machine from a tiny thin client that has a magical embedded chip. The virtual machine sends compressed data to this chip, so that it can even display HD quality video. And this embedded chip has a hardware-based VoIP capability too. So, I do not see what Teradici's innovation is...
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update