1 post • joined Wednesday 20th June 2007 16:07 GMT
Hey guys, a better solution already exists !!!
The problem with blade PCs is that you keep most of the hardware and software potential issues...That's why I prefer a virtualisation solution: you keep your virtual machines on a secure, redondant and powerful server...and you can dynamically allow them more or less ressources, move them, etc...I heard that NEC launched several months ago that kind of solution ("Virtual PC Center"). I found thanks to my best virtual friend (Google) that in fact it is based on a server hosting virtual PCs: each user connects to his virtual machine from a tiny thin client that has a magical embedded chip. The virtual machine sends compressed data to this chip, so that it can even display HD quality video. And this embedded chip has a hardware-based VoIP capability too. So, I do not see what Teradici's innovation is...
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong