1 post • joined 26 Jan 2012
Is Amazon Just Saying...
As El Reg and The451 point out, Amazon is now competing with a clutch of other gateway makers.
But its gateway is a tad basic - virtual only, no customer encryption, no caching-for-performance (yet), no de-dupe. So is Amazon serious, or is it just trying to publicize the gateway concept? Doesn't it like doing raw IT services more than it likes support and handholding? Don't all the existing gateways connect to Amazon S3 anyway? (They do.) I'm just saying....
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL