1 post • joined 26 Jan 2012
Is Amazon Just Saying...
As El Reg and The451 point out, Amazon is now competing with a clutch of other gateway makers.
But its gateway is a tad basic - virtual only, no customer encryption, no caching-for-performance (yet), no de-dupe. So is Amazon serious, or is it just trying to publicize the gateway concept? Doesn't it like doing raw IT services more than it likes support and handholding? Don't all the existing gateways connect to Amazon S3 anyway? (They do.) I'm just saying....
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can