7 posts • joined 25 Jan 2012
World's Worst Terminal?
Captain Scott wrote "My god, this is a bloody awful place" about Antarctica because Heathrow and in particular Terminal 5 bad not been built then. Admittedly it comes as a shock to wind up there after departing Changi or Chep Lak Kok but the place has to be the pits by anyone's standards.
Samsung must have rocks in their corporate heads.
Nobody seems to have mentioned the ever increasing amount of advertising in facebook. This would have been the first thing I asked about had I been doing the research
Le Monde has the best web site of all the newspapers I read on line. Don't know about the rest of the French press but if Google is so concerned they might start their improvement plan elsewhere.
It's Stephen Conroy!
We ARE allowed to mention Senator Conroy's surname these days since he has nixed the Great Firewall of Oz.
More reasons to avoid Heathrow
I have given up on Heathrow. It is a place to avoid, horrendous taxes and fees, massive long hikes in that "bloody awful place" T5. The contrast with Singapore and Hong Kong where I usually transit it marked. Two of the world's best airports, one of the worst. Even the attitude of the security staff contrasts badly, not to mention the efficiency of border control.
Spend the money on recruiting humans in security and diverting excess traffic to other airports.
Is this system seriously expected to work? Decision making by committee.
If it works properly it will allow ISP changes without email address changes.
The service from the Dalai Lama is much better. He tweets on most days and the content is often quite thought provoking even for we atheists.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln