4 posts • joined 24 Jan 2012
I paid £54 for a 2TB Samsung drive in the February or March before the floods. As far as I can tell, you still can't get that capacity for that sort price, so maybe that's why people simply aren't buying.
Re: Multiple computers, multiple users, multiple browsers, what an arse
You can install the JDK rather than the JRE. The former comes both with its own JRE (that will be local to the folder you install it) and a system wide JRE - that's the one that ends up in the browsers - but critically it can be deselected at install time.
Whether Minecraft can be made to work with it I wouldn't know, but can't hurt to try...
As these are likely to be left running 24/7, it would be nice to know how much power each one draws.
@Ian Yates, you want to get yourself a Gefen HDMI Detective (see http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1156667-gefen-hdmi-detective-plus-any-good.html). It's not cheap, but will fix your problems, and probably cheaper than replacing everything your HTPC can do with separate components.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes