2 posts • joined 9 Jan 2012
No, but I bet they would at least apologize for taking 10 days to replace a disk at a production data center (with very expensive production support costs).
But I can only imagine what Oracle has done to destroy Sun/STK. STK support was pretty fantastic. When Oracle purchased them they started calling immediately about renewing our support contract in a very threatening manner, and we got so turned off we just skipped it an looking to buying a quantum library. BTW, I have only had excellent support experiences with Quantum. I am sure they will get snatched up by EMC or Oracle and be ruined as well...
But how long can it last
I am still baffled by the continued success of EMC. I don't think their products have any clear advantage over their competitors and their tech support is the worst in the business of the major storage firms (I have used them all, and I have yet to have a satisfactory, let alone good support experience with EMC).
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean