4 posts • joined Wednesday 4th January 2012 12:13 GMT
This stuff is so cool. The universal replicator of science fiction, which can make anything you'd want, are almost around the corner.
Re: New Security Application
They are not "forced" to give up the password. You choose to go to jail which would be the appropriate thing to do if you are really serious about your personal ethics. There have been many people over the years who have chosen jail or even death rather than breaking a confidence or their personal ethics.
Calling it "forced" insults the memory of some of the most ethical people ever. True martyrdom is to be celebrated and emulated if you're brave enough. Does anyone remember Gandhi?
Would/could I do it? Probably not, but I would not say I was forced, I would say I chose to do it rather than accept whatever the punishment is. Ultimately most people have things they would not do even on the pain of death. It's just a matter of where you draw the line.
Some responders are suggesting that someone could use this to get to your bank account. If you going to a https site, Chrome will not save the passwords for you. I'm prompted for passwords to my bank, paypal, and other secure sites.
So, the problem is nothing like as big as some are making out.
"So far, Australia’s 2011/12 cyclone season seems unusually benign so far"
Your kidding, right?
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass