1 post • joined 28 Dec 2011
I picked this up and read through it over xmas - it's a nice background overall but I have a quibble with the content.
It implies that VMware's x86 offering only uses their original Binary Translation method, and doesn't leverage the improvements in Intel/AMD processor technology thus making the other x86 offerings superior for doing so - this hasn't been true since ESX3.5 circa 2008, and hardware assisted virtualisation is now often the default.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know