1 post • joined 28 Dec 2011
I picked this up and read through it over xmas - it's a nice background overall but I have a quibble with the content.
It implies that VMware's x86 offering only uses their original Binary Translation method, and doesn't leverage the improvements in Intel/AMD processor technology thus making the other x86 offerings superior for doing so - this hasn't been true since ESX3.5 circa 2008, and hardware assisted virtualisation is now often the default.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft