1 post • joined 28 Dec 2011
Buy to get ahead not behind
Why would anyone want to buy TMS? Their NAND controller is junk. They have few hardware accelerators compared to other NAND controller vendors, their space/power footprint is significantly large, and they never developed a controller to deal with the challenges of MLC medium (they just use their SLC controller with improved ECC). 2-3 years ago this controller would have been a market leader but the company has not continued to innovate. The execs see the company headed for the crapper and are looking for an exit strategy.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8