1 post • joined 28 Dec 2011
Buy to get ahead not behind
Why would anyone want to buy TMS? Their NAND controller is junk. They have few hardware accelerators compared to other NAND controller vendors, their space/power footprint is significantly large, and they never developed a controller to deal with the challenges of MLC medium (they just use their SLC controller with improved ECC). 2-3 years ago this controller would have been a market leader but the company has not continued to innovate. The execs see the company headed for the crapper and are looking for an exit strategy.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst