5 posts • joined 19 Jun 2007
Care to define Majority, Tara?
"The majority of our customers are able to bank online,"
Guess I am a minority now, since its been down for me solidly since Friday!
Shades of "I always do what teddy says"
Getting closer to the Harry Harrison science fiction story "I Always Do What Teddy Says", about the toys used to program children for correct thought.
Rather than ET's, the message is for tourists landing at the adjacent airport?
Timezones can be tricky!
The shuttle touched down at 15:49 Eastern Time, which may be local for the NASA press office, but is not local for California time. I'm reading the article at 14:55 local time, and for a moment thought a space/time warp was letting me read a future copy of El Reg.
Turns out it is just poor Math/Geography skills.
"Yes I have an Ipod, and have use it quite loud when rollerblading since traffic noise makes it hard to hear anything."
AHA! So you're the guy I almost ran over last week when he crossed without looking and could not hear my horn. Be carefull, someone else might not mind another dent in their front fender.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan