8 posts • joined Thursday 15th December 2011 13:41 GMT
Let the madness begin!!!
Let the investors invest their own money. If it makes a profit let them keep it, if it costs them more let them pay it or let them lose money. This should absolutely not be yet another burden to the British people. I fear yet again this is a scheme where those with too much money who are looking to make a quick profit will be bailed out by those that are already struggling pretty much to breaking point.
Re: I have an idea
Make them out of metal, they might last longer!
I'm sure no arm will come of it!
It's about time
The old imperial system is being eroded year on year (you can no longer buy screws in imperial sizes, no more No10 x 2"; they are now 5mm x 50mm.) Its about time to change to the metric system for the few remaining things that are still measured by the imperial system.
Kilometres whizz by quicker on the European motorways, psychologically driving 500Km seems easier than 300Miles.
I would however miss the good old British pint, maybe the 1/2, 2/3 or 3/4L would be a suitable replacement. 1L would just get too warm before finishing it in our gloriously warm metric British summers!!!
Yes the time has come by a clear country mile, sorry clear country 1.609 kilometre to go completely metric.
there will be an "..and then she turned into a donkey M'lud" for Nigerian iPhone owners!!!
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?