3 posts • joined Wednesday 14th December 2011 11:25 GMT
Shame about the activation step needing an Internet connection.. I guess one thing they should do is have a wifi hotspot built into the kiosk that can be used to do this relatively easily/quickly. Still, it's an extra step that complicates the process which won't do them any favours.
Actually a pretty decent 7" tablet
When the price hit £169 I went and bought one; it's a brilliant little tablet.. nice hardware spec, reasonable number of apps.. esp if you sideload whatever Android apps you want. Easy to root. Absolutely no regrets about buying one, however I don't believe it's worth the original RRP.
Totally not bothered if the TV has it built in or not.. I'd much rather read something like twitter on my phone/laptop instead of it being overlaid on the TV picture. Then if it's something like LoveFilm/Netflix, I'd rather it was in a cheaper external box which sees some firmware updates, rather than TVs which hardly ever get any updates. When it has built-in media playback it usually doesn't cover of the video/audio codecs I want, and then never sees an update to enable more in the future.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones