1 post • joined 13 Dec 2011
Couple of IBM clarifications
Good article, Tim. A couple of clarifications given recen updates to the IBM potfolio.
- DB2 pureScale is supported on Linux on several System x models, including BladeCenter (as others have commented)
- We recently updaed the 9600 model of Smart Analytics System to 9700 (on z196) and added a new 9710 model (on z114)
- A new DB2 Analytics Accelerator is also available for these or other System z environments - it integrates a Netezza appliance transparently to the DB2 applications or users to deliver top analytic query performance while maintaining the unmatched security and confidence of System z data management
- It is important to note that the x/Linux based Smart Analytics System 5710 include Cognos Reporting and InfoSphere Warehouse software already on the server, with storage - all starting at around US$50K. Others in the market are offering products called "appliances" that do not include any software for the starting price quoted.
I will do a better job of reaching out to you directly to brief you on our next updates when they are ready.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops