1 post • joined 13 Dec 2011
Couple of IBM clarifications
Good article, Tim. A couple of clarifications given recen updates to the IBM potfolio.
- DB2 pureScale is supported on Linux on several System x models, including BladeCenter (as others have commented)
- We recently updaed the 9600 model of Smart Analytics System to 9700 (on z196) and added a new 9710 model (on z114)
- A new DB2 Analytics Accelerator is also available for these or other System z environments - it integrates a Netezza appliance transparently to the DB2 applications or users to deliver top analytic query performance while maintaining the unmatched security and confidence of System z data management
- It is important to note that the x/Linux based Smart Analytics System 5710 include Cognos Reporting and InfoSphere Warehouse software already on the server, with storage - all starting at around US$50K. Others in the market are offering products called "appliances" that do not include any software for the starting price quoted.
I will do a better job of reaching out to you directly to brief you on our next updates when they are ready.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9