7 posts • joined Tuesday 19th June 2007 09:17 GMT
I'd be more impressed if they could certify the coltan in the phone was recycled, which would cut down on the damage to the Congo, which is the source of 80% of the coltan and one of the main funding sources for the civil war.
Almost looks like markov chaining, pointed at a reg page, but it's a damn clever routine if it does typo's.
Maybe it's nano AI. In which case we're in trouble.
But back on topic, I'm confused. An MP and a University want the government to act. Where do they think their salaries come from anyway?
All systems are go, then.
Great! 75% can afford to make their IT services carbon neutral, 90% have a "green champion" in the department to write the plan and carry it through, and 80% can source the kit to do so.
And 70% will get kudos from the board for prioritising this.
So in 4 years we'll have a broadly green IT landscape. Apparently.
Neal Stephenson IS the prophet!
He predicted the merging of the CIA and the National Library of Congress.
NSA moves into Google datacentres, completes scanning everything in print, backs up all data traffic in the google system, and Neal collects the IP rights.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging