1 post • joined 30 Nov 2011
I've seen the waste first hand from the back of an NHS project. I was tasked with rolling out and installing quite a large number of IBM racks (which was always delivered on time by IBM).
I met my deadlines and racked the systems then placed them in the correct locations within each DC (all the DC's are in London I might add).
I also installed all the OS's on each of the systems.
I then found out that some of the racked systems where being removed and shipped to Scotland (yes that's correct, Scotland!) just to have Linux and Sendmail installed onto them.
It could have all been completed remotely........or better yet, I could have performed the installs.
Such a waste of time :/
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS