1 post • joined 30 Nov 2011
I've seen the waste first hand from the back of an NHS project. I was tasked with rolling out and installing quite a large number of IBM racks (which was always delivered on time by IBM).
I met my deadlines and racked the systems then placed them in the correct locations within each DC (all the DC's are in London I might add).
I also installed all the OS's on each of the systems.
I then found out that some of the racked systems where being removed and shipped to Scotland (yes that's correct, Scotland!) just to have Linux and Sendmail installed onto them.
It could have all been completed remotely........or better yet, I could have performed the installs.
Such a waste of time :/
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs