6 posts • joined Tuesday 29th November 2011 13:49 GMT
Re: Not particularly accurately, though
Most content is 16:9, so 720p is 1280x720 and as such won't quite fit on a 1024x768 screen.
Movies on iPad Mini would be 1024x576, 576 lines is SD...
Re: Standrad connector not the real point
I read it as "in a bid to reduce the number of (types of) phone power supplies in circulation and thus minimise the number of them ending up in landfill...."
If your new phone works with old charger you're more likely to keep and use it in some way and less likely to throw it in landfill.
Though didn't Apple lead the way on this by not including AC adapters with iThings?
Re: Get it at the same price as an Ipod Touch..
Nexus 7 8GB - £159
iPod Touch 8GB - £169
Nexus 7 16GB - £199
iPod Touch 32GB - £249 (no 16GB available)
Am considering it for much the same reason - better video experience than a phone screen, without the 10" size/cost. Lack of SD card the main drawback but how many movies can you watch in one flight?
Re: What's new?
If I recall correctly, the buses aren't wired up to the live system, and only download the usage when they return to depot. Doing it all real-time wouldn't be reliable or fast enough (even at stations the second saved compared to reading a paper ticket significantly increases throughput)
They'll have been taken of to Carphone stores I imagine. To sell on nice long contracts.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16