1 post • joined 29 Nov 2011
Funny Math in Play
Okay, someone needs to explain to me how HP plus the acquisition of a 2010 Gartner "Challenger Quadrant" in 3 Par gives HP visionary leadership. How can HP be a bigger storage visionary than the proven storage technology thought leadership of EMC, NetApp, and IBM? This does not make any sense to me. What does HP have in their toolkit that compares to Compellent, Nimble, SVC, Atmos, Data Domain, or the WAFL file system. With their financial pressures, they may have to slash their R & D too.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low