1 post • joined 29 Nov 2011
Funny Math in Play
Okay, someone needs to explain to me how HP plus the acquisition of a 2010 Gartner "Challenger Quadrant" in 3 Par gives HP visionary leadership. How can HP be a bigger storage visionary than the proven storage technology thought leadership of EMC, NetApp, and IBM? This does not make any sense to me. What does HP have in their toolkit that compares to Compellent, Nimble, SVC, Atmos, Data Domain, or the WAFL file system. With their financial pressures, they may have to slash their R & D too.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide