2 posts • joined 18 Jun 2007
What is the business need for the upgrade? Before XP SP2 an upgrade always gave more stability so the driver for the upgrade was there. Now XP SP2 is stable enough and fit for purpose, can't see an need to move off it.
I have used IBM software many times in the past and I think that the old phrase "No one ever got fired for buying IBM" should read "Fire any one for buying IBM."
Eclipse is an ok but for developing thick clients the deployment mechanism is impossible. ClearCase is dreadful - I have never come across a more stupid way of source control. A massively over engineered solution that 99% of organisations do not need.
The IBM way is to reinvent the wheel. An IBM wheel is flat as so it can not roll away - great apart from the fact that it is useless as wheel.
.....and no I'm not an M$ zealot or an open source geek before I get accused of that !!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs