1 post • joined 24 Nov 2011
Royal Mail Fail
I just had fun and games (not) with their website ...
I tried to use their fee2pay page to pay for postage on a letter that apparently has insufficient stamps. It went all the way through to payment and then said 'Access Denied'!
I called the CC company and they say that RM have taken the payment.
I called RM and they say that they haven't!
They just told me to try again - at the risk of losing more money. If I wanted a refund I would have to post them copies of my CC bill.
Utter rubbish. I've given up. Whoever forgot to put a stamp on their letter can have it back. I've spend more on phone calls now than the postage I was trying to pay (22p plus £1 'fee') and travel to a post office would cost even more.
Why are these companies allowed to get away with causing so much stress and bother when their systems go wrong? Especially when I have no choice but to use them!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide