2 posts • joined Wednesday 23rd November 2011 19:21 GMT
"You could make an argument that Intel has to re-enter the memory market to justify the ever-increase costs of its fabs, El Reg supposes. It is not that much of a leap from flash to DRAM"
Of course you can’t make that argument it is ridiculous.
Intel will use the TSV to put eDRAM on their logic chips exactly as described for IBM in your article. Unless you have lived under a rock Intel have stated there desire to make SOC's for smartphones etc.. These will need to be stacked with RAM to keep PCB footprint low for their customers.
Can you read a map?
"Apple's announcement in California of the iPhone entirely overshadowed the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) half a continent away in Las Vegas"
Las Vegas is only a 1 hour drive from the California/Nevada border, how the hell is that half of continental North America. Sheez who was your Geography teacher.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire