1 post • joined 24 Apr 2006
Not much different from spyware....
Sounds to me alot like spyware tatics. Your machine gets infected with spyware then suddenly your getting adverts to buy software to fix it. I guess the differences is one is automated exploit. The other requires someone to gain access.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star