2 posts • joined 18 Nov 2011
Lost in Space?
I thought they must have saved the astronauts/cosmonauts on the International Space Station by plugging some leak in the hull.
Don't ditch everything but do consider a PS3
I have a similar Myth setup. The front-end, in the living room, is based on a Zotac ION board and is silent. I use an external USB DVD drive.
However, it doesn't support Blu-Ray (as mentioned by other posters).
My children use their PS3 as a front end on 'their' TV and it works very well. They can play back any recorded programmes and use the Myth web interface to schedule recordings. It plays Blu-Ray discs and also has a native client for watching streaming films - full screen - from Love Film (which are included 'free' with certain rental subscriptions).
It also has 5.1 surround sound output.
The latest model is quite slim and un-obtrusive although there is some fan noise.
The only thing is doesn't support is live TV playback - but does anyone watch things live anymore?
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM