2 posts • joined 18 Nov 2011
Lost in Space?
I thought they must have saved the astronauts/cosmonauts on the International Space Station by plugging some leak in the hull.
Don't ditch everything but do consider a PS3
I have a similar Myth setup. The front-end, in the living room, is based on a Zotac ION board and is silent. I use an external USB DVD drive.
However, it doesn't support Blu-Ray (as mentioned by other posters).
My children use their PS3 as a front end on 'their' TV and it works very well. They can play back any recorded programmes and use the Myth web interface to schedule recordings. It plays Blu-Ray discs and also has a native client for watching streaming films - full screen - from Love Film (which are included 'free' with certain rental subscriptions).
It also has 5.1 surround sound output.
The latest model is quite slim and un-obtrusive although there is some fan noise.
The only thing is doesn't support is live TV playback - but does anyone watch things live anymore?
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone