2 posts • joined 18 Nov 2011
Lost in Space?
I thought they must have saved the astronauts/cosmonauts on the International Space Station by plugging some leak in the hull.
Don't ditch everything but do consider a PS3
I have a similar Myth setup. The front-end, in the living room, is based on a Zotac ION board and is silent. I use an external USB DVD drive.
However, it doesn't support Blu-Ray (as mentioned by other posters).
My children use their PS3 as a front end on 'their' TV and it works very well. They can play back any recorded programmes and use the Myth web interface to schedule recordings. It plays Blu-Ray discs and also has a native client for watching streaming films - full screen - from Love Film (which are included 'free' with certain rental subscriptions).
It also has 5.1 surround sound output.
The latest model is quite slim and un-obtrusive although there is some fan noise.
The only thing is doesn't support is live TV playback - but does anyone watch things live anymore?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base