1 post • joined 7 Nov 2011
What a load of tosh
Low lying cloud is called fog.
Where do cloud computing applications run?
On hardware of course, so are you saying that it is cheaper for someone to host a load of systems at a datacentre, and not at their own hardware, I just saved £3800 per year hosting on my site, using a decent internet connection.
The internet was envisaged to protect us in the case of nuclear war, nit to make us dependant upon a few international datcentres.
Keep data local where you can and "hybrid cloud" if you must use this jargon
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes