1 post • joined 7 Nov 2011
What a load of tosh
Low lying cloud is called fog.
Where do cloud computing applications run?
On hardware of course, so are you saying that it is cheaper for someone to host a load of systems at a datacentre, and not at their own hardware, I just saved £3800 per year hosting on my site, using a decent internet connection.
The internet was envisaged to protect us in the case of nuclear war, nit to make us dependant upon a few international datcentres.
Keep data local where you can and "hybrid cloud" if you must use this jargon
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network