1 post • joined 7 Nov 2011
What a load of tosh
Low lying cloud is called fog.
Where do cloud computing applications run?
On hardware of course, so are you saying that it is cheaper for someone to host a load of systems at a datacentre, and not at their own hardware, I just saved £3800 per year hosting on my site, using a decent internet connection.
The internet was envisaged to protect us in the case of nuclear war, nit to make us dependant upon a few international datcentres.
Keep data local where you can and "hybrid cloud" if you must use this jargon
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone