1 post • joined 7 Nov 2011
What a load of tosh
Low lying cloud is called fog.
Where do cloud computing applications run?
On hardware of course, so are you saying that it is cheaper for someone to host a load of systems at a datacentre, and not at their own hardware, I just saved £3800 per year hosting on my site, using a decent internet connection.
The internet was envisaged to protect us in the case of nuclear war, nit to make us dependant upon a few international datcentres.
Keep data local where you can and "hybrid cloud" if you must use this jargon
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?