1 post • joined 7 Nov 2011
What a load of tosh
Low lying cloud is called fog.
Where do cloud computing applications run?
On hardware of course, so are you saying that it is cheaper for someone to host a load of systems at a datacentre, and not at their own hardware, I just saved £3800 per year hosting on my site, using a decent internet connection.
The internet was envisaged to protect us in the case of nuclear war, nit to make us dependant upon a few international datcentres.
Keep data local where you can and "hybrid cloud" if you must use this jargon
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?