3 posts • joined Thursday 3rd November 2011 12:40 GMT
errrm, surely the David is NetApp?
Honestly, Posting an article about two storage leaders, and postulating about who will be the successor to the leader without thinking "hmmm, maybe it's the 2nd place guy?"
What you need....
....is an application aware snapshot! If only there was a storage vendor that had these baked in to OS, with software that quiesced the application in question, and provided the ability to replicate them off site, and vault them for long term retention....
By the way, I work for NetApp.. ;)
...that you understand OnTap 8.1 Cluster mode before posting. Quotas, replication, and snapshots, as well as deduplication, compression, thin provisioning etc are all available across the cluster. Additionally, no workload alignment was carried out as detailed in the submission. 23/24th of the workload went across the cluster network for data access.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!