3 posts • joined 3 Nov 2011
errrm, surely the David is NetApp?
Honestly, Posting an article about two storage leaders, and postulating about who will be the successor to the leader without thinking "hmmm, maybe it's the 2nd place guy?"
What you need....
....is an application aware snapshot! If only there was a storage vendor that had these baked in to OS, with software that quiesced the application in question, and provided the ability to replicate them off site, and vault them for long term retention....
By the way, I work for NetApp.. ;)
...that you understand OnTap 8.1 Cluster mode before posting. Quotas, replication, and snapshots, as well as deduplication, compression, thin provisioning etc are all available across the cluster. Additionally, no workload alignment was carried out as detailed in the submission. 23/24th of the workload went across the cluster network for data access.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs