4 posts • joined 1 Nov 2011
Not for those with 2 drives....
Don't bother trying to install this if you've moved your user directories to another drive.
If like me (and many others) you use a SSD as a boot, and have moved the 'USERS' directory to another drive, Micro$oft won't allow you to perform the upgrade.
Only solution appears to be a full wipe and re-install, upgrade to 8.1 and then try to move the directories later.
Gregs and McDonalds accept contactless payments.
Even better is if you can Google Wallet working on ur NFC enabled Android phone, then Google give you $10 (yes USD) free credit. Enough for a meal on them. Should have seen the look on the guy's face when I waved my phone over the paypoint......
I bought a 1TB WD Black 2 weeks ago. Price one day was £75. Next day, after ebuyer.com refreshed stock the price was £90. Bought it then. The current price is £225
They have nothing under £125 - and I think that's for a 160GB 5400rpm drive.
Personally, I'm waiting for a streaming only service. An hour round trip to Blockbuster to rent a Blu-Ray is too much effort and time. By the time I get back, half the time available to watch the film has gone.
Would be alot happier waiting 10min or so to buffer the download.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball