6 posts • joined 25 Oct 2011
She taught me UNIX
I learnt UNIX in her classes. Evi was my teacher at the University of Colorado in Boulder in the eighties.
one more member
...although, living in the states, I won't be in competition with you for tickets to the Christmas lecture!
Re: Delivery problems
The U.S. base in Antarctica has one: APO AP 96599-1035. Perhaps they could run it over to the British Antarctic Survey station.
Penguin 'cause Antarctica.
Re: One of these was already invented
There is a mention (p. 48) in Peter Wright's book 'Spycatcher' about use of a tape recorder with two heads to give listeners a slight delay in one ear for the purpose of *improving* voice intelligibility when transcribing tapes.
Die Bahn ist verärgert.
The train is upset.
it's 3 bits per cell: eight levels
TLC flash stores three bits per cell, a trick which requires the hardware to reliably distinguish eight distinct levels of charge on the floating gate. Three times the capacity of SLC flash; 1.5 times the capacity of MLC.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'