6 posts • joined Tuesday 25th October 2011 18:04 GMT
one more member
...although, living in the states, I won't be in competition with you for tickets to the Christmas lecture!
Re: Delivery problems
The U.S. base in Antarctica has one: APO AP 96599-1035. Perhaps they could run it over to the British Antarctic Survey station.
Penguin 'cause Antarctica.
Re: One of these was already invented
There is a mention (p. 48) in Peter Wright's book 'Spycatcher' about use of a tape recorder with two heads to give listeners a slight delay in one ear for the purpose of *improving* voice intelligibility when transcribing tapes.
it's 3 bits per cell: eight levels
TLC flash stores three bits per cell, a trick which requires the hardware to reliably distinguish eight distinct levels of charge on the floating gate. Three times the capacity of SLC flash; 1.5 times the capacity of MLC.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass